Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 6:00 - 7:30PM
First Event FREE
This workshop is free if it is your first time attending a Passport seminar or webinar. Use code NEWSTUDENT when you register.
Rob Humbracht, President, Passport Admissions
If you are not satisfied with one of our classes, we will give you a complete refund.
Online Classroom - We'll send a link a few days before the event
A Personal Statement is a 2-part argument.
You should first answer the question "why medical school," then the question "why accept me." Come to this session, led by Passport Admissions Founder, Rob Humbracht, to learn the wisdom gleaned from years of reading personal statements (both good and terrible) for medical school. At this seminar, you will start your personal statement for medical school with Passport’s expert guidance. Specifically, we will cover:
- How to convey “why medicine” without being cliche
- How to figure out what makes you unique and what stories you should tell in your essay
- Excellent (and terrible) ways to start your essay
- Effective structure for your essay
- Answer the question "why medicine" in a non-cliche way
- Pick a personal statement approach that works for you
- Start writing and outlining your personal statement
- Know what steps to take to finish your essay