Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm
This session is free if it is your first time attending a Passport Admissions class.
Rob Humbracht, President, Passport Admissions
Enrollment is limited to 20 students.
If you are not satisfied with one of our classes, let us know after the first session, and we will give you a complete refund.
A Personal Statement is a 2-part argument.
You should first answer the question "why medical school," then the question "why accept me." Come to this session, led by Passport Admissions Founder, Rob Humbracht, to learn the wisdom gleaned from years of reading personal statements (both good and terrible) for medical school. At this seminar, you will start your personal statement for medical school with Passport’s expert guidance. Specifically, we will cover:
- How to convey “why medicine” without being cliche
- How to figure out what makes you unique and what stories you should tell in your essay
- Excellent (and terrible) ways to start your essay
- Effective structure for your essay
- Answer the question "why medicine" in non-cliche way
- Pick a personal statement approach that works for you
- Start writing and outlining your personal statement
- Know what steps to take to finish your essay